Back in 2017, I got a chance to watch a TV show called ‘No Tomorrow’. Its the story of two people - Evie Covington, a bored middle-manager employed at a warehouse and Xavier Holliday, a carefree individual who wants to live life to the fullest, because he believes the world will come to an end in the next 8 months. Evie is slowly drawn to explore Xavier’s carefree world and is inspired to make for herself an “Apocalyst” - a list of things to do before the world ends.
Catch the show on CW: https://www.cwtv.com/shows/no-tomorrow
The Present Day
I had forgotten all about this show till I came across it in my collection. I also remembered having made an “Apocalyst” of my own. Slick, right?
Some items in the list were inspired from the show itself, some were things that I’ve always wanted to try and accomplish. Napoleon Hill once wrote:
Tell the world what you intend to do, but first show it.
So, without further ado, feast your eyes on my very own Apocalyst.
- Sports and Physical Fitness
- Swimming - I’ve been afraid of water since a childhood misadventure resulted in me almost drowning.
- Bungee Jumping - Always wanted to try that. Finally did it in Rishikesh last summer.
- Skydiving - OK this one comes from a Bollywood movie. Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.
- Lose weight
- Going on a long road-trip on my bike - Accomplished that last summer once I left my job and went on a 2-week road trip.
- Spend a week surviving in the forest.
- Climb a mountain above 5000m height.
- Make friends in some other country - Lots of great people in Japan and USA.
- Lock Picking
- Solve a mystery
- Beat a Polygraph - for the fun of it.
- As Iron Man - suit design is complete. All I need to do is lose some weight.
- As the Arrow - not as much effort required as Iron Man. But what’s the hood without some archery skills?
- As Captain Jack Sparrow - This one should be easy to do right?
- Undefined Cases